As August ends, staff at the National Agricultural Law Center continue to bring trusted research and information in agricultural and food law to stakeholders across the country. Outlined below are many of the new NALC resources from the month of August.
Considering Carbon: Agribusiness and All Things Crypto; An Introduction to the Basics: This webinar focused on the application of crypto and blockchain technologies to agribusinesses & environmental issues such as carbon offsets. The presenter, Carol Goforth, a University Professor at the University of Arkansas School of Law, briefly reviewed the regulators active in the space, discussed current crypto projects with agricultural applications, and shared how blockchain and cryptoassets can track & facilitate the effective use of carbon offsets.
Furthermore, all sections of the webinar tracked information found in papers focusing on cryptoassets and blockchain technology written for the National Agricultural Law Center. These papers contain detailed citations and links to online resources that may be useful for a more detailed consideration of the topics raised in the webinar. Click here to watch a recording of the webinar. To find the NALC publications discussing blockchain, cryptoassets, and carbon, click here.
- Judge Certifies Two Classes in Lawsuit Challenging Minority Debt Relief Payments
- Building Blocks: Basics of CRP
- California Court Finds State Law Claims Not Preempted by FIFRA in Glyphosate Ruling
- Pandemic Payments: Aid Under Pandemic Livestock Indemnity Program
- EPA Announces Decision to Revoke Chlorpyrifos Tolerances
- “Ag-gag” Laws: An Update of Recent Legal Developments
- USDA Updates the Thrifty Food Plan
- Rusty Rumley, Senior Staff Attorney
- Attended and spoke at the Southern Ag Today Meeting in Biloxi, MS on August 18-19, 2021.
- Presented about estate planning on August 31, 2021at the Sustainable Forestry and African American Land Retention Join Regional Conference. This program was co-sponsored by the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Small Farm Program and Prairie View A&M University Cooperative Extension Program.
- Elizabeth Rumley, Senior Staff Attorney
- Joined the AgLaw Today Podcast to discuss animal harvest and processing law on August 22, 2021. Click here to watch a recording of the podcast.
- Micah Brown, Staff Attorney
- Discussed carbon markets on August 27, 2021, during the AGI Sure Track Coffee Talk Webinar. Click here to watch a recording of the webinar.