As September ends, staff at the National Agricultural Law Center continue to bring trusted research and information in agricultural and food law to stakeholders across the country. Outlined below are many of the new NALC resources from the month of September.
Overview of Federal and State Purchase of Agricultural Conservation Easement (PACE) Programs: This webinar provided an overview of, and background for, various state and federal PACE programs, including the recent consolidation of previous federal programs into one single program called the Agricultural Conservation Easement Program. The webinar also addressed how land is identified, evaluated, and selected for PACE programs as well as reviewing the pros and cons of the various methods employed. With many government-purchased easements now approaching or exceeding the 25-year mark, this webinar discussed the legal issues that have been addressed by these programs as well as the legal issues that have been raised by the continuation of these programs.
The presenter for this webinar was Ross Pifer, Clinical Professor of Law at Penn State Law where he also serves as Director of the Center for Agricultural and Shale Law and Director of the Rural Economic Development Clinic.
Find a recording of this webinar here.
- Arizona Court Vacates WOTUS Rule
- Paraquat Receives Interim Registration Decision, Faces Legal Challenges
- Back in the Lab: FSIS Requests Comments on Cell Cultured Meat Labeling
- Legal Checkup on Checkoffs: R-CALF in the Ninth Circuit
- Heat Safety and Wildfire Smoke Standards and Guidelines at the State and Federal Level
- WOTUS Update: Breaking Down the Pre-2015 Regulatory Regime
- Considering Carbon: Overview of Existing Market Structures
- International Agricultural Trade Update: The United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement
- Harrison Pittman, Center Director
- Spoke during the “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Innovations in higher education + how industry can help” session at a conference hosted by Together We Grow.
- Presented on Careers in Ag & Food Law to undergraduate students participating in the National Association of State Departments of Agriculture’s Next Generation Program.
- Elizabeth Rumley, Senior Staff Attorney
- Spoke about meat processing in Columbus, OH at The Meating: A Regional Meat Marketing and Processing Summit on September 16, 2021.
- Presented about agritourism and animal welfare on September 28t, 2021 at Louisiana State University.
- Discussed Direct Marketing Beef in Hot Springs, County, Arkansas for Annie’s Project on September 30, 2021.
- Rusty Rumley, Senior Staff Attorney
- Spoke about estate planning for Prairie View A&M University.
- Spoke on September 15, 2021 during the Armed to Farm Webinar, a program supporting farmer veterans.
- Spoke at the Southern Outlook Conference about carbon markets on September 20, 2021.
- Presented about estate planning on September 23, 2021 for the Arkansas Association of Conservation Districts.
- Discussed heir property at an event for the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff on September 27, 2021.