As we begin November and reflect on last month, staff at the National Agricultural Law Center continue to bring trusted research and information in agricultural and food law to stakeholders across the country. Outlined below are many of the new NALC resources from the month of September 2022.
- Premium Assistance for Producers Transitioning to Organic Production
- Proposed Regulation: Competition and Market Integrity
- Focus on Food: The Proposed “Healthy” Rule and the White House Conference
- Pesticide Review: Recent Actions from Various Pesticide Legal Challenges
- Checking In on Crop Insurance: Enforcement of the FAD Requirement
- Resources for Underserved Communities: Highlight of New Publications
- Truth in Labeling Laws(uits) – Update on Arkansas
- Enviro Groups Ask EPA to Revisit CWA CAFO Rules
Rusty Rumley, Senior Staff Attorney
- Oct. 10 – Solar Leasing Presentation for Missouri Farm Bureau via Zoom
- Oct. 11 – Armed to Farm Conference presentation on business organizations and landowner liability for Tennessee veterans via Zoom
- Oct. 24 – Legal update session for the American Society of Agricultural Consultants in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Elizabeth Rumley, Senior Staff Attorney
- Spoke with an Animal Science careers course at the Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food, and Life Sciences at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.