As June ends, staff at the National Agricultural Law Center continue to bring trusted research and information in agricultural and food law to stakeholders across the country. Outlined below are many of the new NALC resources from the month of June.
Understanding Federal Milk Marketing Orders and Current Dairy Risk Management Tools: The USDA Agricultural Marketing Service administers 11 federal milk marketing orders (FMMOs) which are authorized by statutes dating back to 1933 and which directly prescribe payment for approximately 75% of the total U.S. milk supply. Yet this is still one of the most complex topics in agricultural law. This webinar unpacked the terminology and process surrounding the administration of current FMMOs. In addition, the common criticisms of present FMMO administration were highlighted and explored. This webinar also outlined the three current dairy risk management products: dairy margin coverage, livestock gross margin for dairy, and dairy revenue protection. A recording of this webinar can be found here.
- Securing an Interest: Federal Crop Insurance Proceeds
- Considering Carbon: Overview of Carbon Market Composition
- Recently Filed Lawsuit Claims that Swampbuster is Unconstitutional
- Court Sets Aside Pesticide Registration for ESA Violations
- Legality of Minority Debt Relief Payments Called Into Question
- Harrison Pittman, NALC Director:
- Montgomery, AL – Alabama Ag Law Pathways agreement ceremony and signing.
- Little Rock, AR – Presented at the Southern Association of State Departments of Agriculture.
- Biloxi, MS – Presented at the 2021 Farm Bureau Southern Region Commodity Conference.
- Little Rock, AR – Presented at the Arkansas 4-H Teen Leadership Conference.
- Rusty Rumley, Senior Staff Attorney:
- Hot Springs, AR – Presented at week three of the Arkansas FFA Arkansas Leadership Conference.
- New Orleans, LA – Presented at the Southern Agricultural Economics Meeting on Carbon Markets.
- Elizabeth Rumley, Senior Staff Attorney:
- Hot Springs, AR – Presented at weeks one and two of the Arkansas FFA Arkansas Leadership Conference.
- The NALC hosted the Eighth Annual Mid-South Agricultural & Environmental Law Conference on June 10 – 11. You can learn more about the conference as well as conference materials here.